Well clearly I can get away with the not taking in supplies for during labour! I don’t need to think about snacks that are easy to eat or drinks. I don’t need to worry about what I’m going to wear during labour. So in theory I should be able to pack lighter right? Not sure I’m managing that at the moment but there you go!
So here is my current hospital bag for a c-section list:
Bag 1 :: For whilst we are on HDU (where theatre is):
- My C-section Birth Plan
- CD of chosen music for theatre (Still haven’t decided!)
- Charged up camera, I NEED a picture of my mum in scrubs hehe!
- My iPod to listen to Tums2Mums hypnos whilst shitting it for the 3 hours before hand!
- Outfit and a nappy or two for the baby
- Facial Wipes
- My SIGG Water Bottle
- My Birthing Shirt for the moment I can get out of that sodding hospital gown!
Bag 2 :: Will be in car until we are moved to the ward, hopefully that day!
- BIG Granny Pants and Disposable pants! Alot of people dislike the disposables but I loved them after I had DS1! So comfy and could just be lobbed in the bin!
- Numerous packs of Maternity Pads
- A box of breast pads
- Bunch of nursing bras (note to self go and buy some!)
- Few nighties for while I still have the catheter in
- Black PDS1 bottoms/trackies for when the catheter is out
- Dettol wipes, tons of them. Don’t get me wrong my local hospital has improved in recent years but aren’t all us mums cleanliness obsessed?
- Present from the baby to preschooler already wrapped
- Bunch of baby-grows and vests
- A few muslins *:p* that I am going to sleep with for a while before so they have my smell on in case the baby has to go to NICU
- Toiletries, who knew you could get mini toner and facial cleanser!? And my lifesaver dry shampoo in case the birth goes how preschoolers did.
- My own towel, my Sporty Bump one because it will definitely protect my modesty!
- My Theraline Maternity Pillow for breastfeeding and propping myself up in bed.
- Going home outfit for me, consisting of trackies and a vest! And for baby, which is preschoolers present to the baby!
- Notebook and pen, no doubt baby brain is only going to get worse!
- Arnica Tablets
- Rescue Remedy
- Peppermint oil capsules
- Moist toilet tissue, hygiene and all that!
I know that’s not all that I currently have piled on top of my suitcase to pack but I’m almost there. Priority this week is to buy some nursing bras. Any suggestions on sizing?
I can’t believe its just two weeks now until the day. I feel somewhat ready, but a huge part of me is absolutely shitting a brick! The birth reflections midwife has made a real difference in informing me of what will happen during the section and the order of things etc but it hasn’t stopped me being fearful of it. I can’t help but think of the flashbacks I have of preschoolers birth. I know it is less likely to go that way this time but I also know that my consultant can’t say for certain that it wont. Should probably write my will, just in case you know!
So have I forgotten anything? What else should I pack for post c-section?